We are committed to:
- Be a leader in corporate social responsibility, sustainability & stewardship for our projects and our people
- Achieve corporate Net Zero Carbon by 2035
- Promote transparency, inclusion, equality and diversity within our workplace, supply chain and investments
- Deliver independent annual carbon footprint certification and reporting aligned with Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi)
- Apply recognised environmental assessment standards to every new project (such as One Planet Living, Home Quality Mark, BREEAM or WELL Building Standard)
- Integrate a culture of fair trade, responsible sourcing, community benefits and social impact in all our operations
One Planet Living
The One Planet Living® sustainability framework was developed by Bioregional with conservation organisation WWF in 2003.
Rooted in expert ecological and carbon foot-printing analysis, One Planet Living® covers every aspect of sustainability and is used to design communities that enable people to live happy, healthy lives within the boundaries of our planet’s resources, while leaving space for nature to thrive.
One Planet Living® comprises 10 simple principles:
- Health and happiness - Encouraging active, social, meaningful lives to promote good health and wellbeing
- Equity and local economy - Creating safe, equitable places to live and work which support local prosperity and international fair trade
- Culture and community - Nurturing local identity and heritage, empowering communities and promoting a culture of sustainable living
- Land and nature - Protecting and restoring land for the benefit of people and wildlife
- Sustainable water - Using water efficiently, protecting local water resources and reducing flooding and drought
- Local and sustainable food - Promoting sustainable, humane farming and healthy diets high in local, seasonal organic food and vegetable protein
- Travel and transportation - Reducing the need to travel, encouraging walking, cycling and low carbon transport
- Materials and products - Using materials from sustainable sources and promoting products that help people reduce consumption
- Zero waste - Reducing consumption, reusing and recycling to achieve zero waste and zero pollution
- Zero carbon energy - Making buildings and manufacturing energy-efficient and supplying all energy with renewables
Supported by Bioregional, we use the One Planet Living® framework to identify the unique social, economic, and environmental needs of the local area and respond to them with the aim of delivering thriving new communities for future generations to benefit.
Carbon Net Zero Business
The SBTi’s Corporate Net-Zero Standard is the world’s first framework for corporate net-zero target setting in line with climate science.
United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
The UN SDGs set out a clear and ambitious framework for progress towards a more sustainable world.
Planet Mark recognises continuous improvement, encourages action and builds an empowered community of like-minded individuals who make a world of difference. On average, Planet Mark certified developments make a 26% reduction in whole life carbon emissions.